Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hi!


Molly is into saying "hi" right now.  Walking up and down aisles at the grocery store, she says hi to every passerby and also inanimate objects, too.  "Hi, Pasta." "Hi, Rice." "Hi, Milk."  She's also just started asking: "What's that?" I will answer her question and she follows by saying hi.  For example - Molly: "What's that (pointing to the sewer in the street)?  Me: It's a sewer. Her: "Hi, sewer."  It's cute and funny!  I wonder how many times a day she actually says hi.  I bet it is close to one hundred.

Here are ideas by Anthonette Chavez for creating a "Hi" card. Let me tell you all the things I love about this first card. She's taken the time to STITCH the white thread into the card. The black, red, and flower patterned paper offer a nice contrast. And she's stamped one of my favorite sentiments from PSA Dare to Dream: "Thinking of You."



Let me tell you all the things I love about this next card. She's stamped each letter of "Just a note" from PSA Vanilla Peel & Stick stamps. She's embossed them. She's stamped the butterfly from PSA Cupcake – but then cut it out and mounted on 3D foam. She's used fun, summery yellow, patterned papers and a corner chomper to create rounded edges. LOVE!



The last card belongs in Martha Stewart's idea book. The adorable bumble bees floating (also mounted on 3D foam) really feel like they are flying. The way that they are placed ensure your eyes are moving around the page. Something we discussed a lot in art school…. She's tied twine from The Twinery along the edge and also used PSA Vanilla Peel & Stick stamps to stamp: "HI."



Fun ideas! What do you think? Leave a comment today and tell us "hi!"

10 comments:

  1. I used to do stamping a long time ago. Following your site I am getting back into it. Love the cards you post. Thanks for the inspiration! Love all of the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I love them all expecially the bees. So cute. Thanks for inspiring us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all 3 of your cards. I know I can always visit your blog for great inspiration.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness but these are fabulous! LOVE the bumblebees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are great. My favorite is the hello, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are awesome...i expecially like the just a note card...the colors and layout are fab..tfs.
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore the bee card. LOVE the twine on it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, your designers are so creative and I love their work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't kids so fun. Your cards are all great
    Trish

    ReplyDelete